27.8.09

decisions, decisions...

Today was a day of hard decisions.

I got offered two jobs. And I didn't take either of them.

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm foolish. Maybe I made a mistake.

BUT one thing I know for sure is what the LORD has laid on my heart and where he's calling me. I know that God is calling me back to Lansing. I know that I am being called to dive in the ministry with Riverview. That's the one thing that has been missing from my life.

God has opened doors and provided a place for me to live in Lansing. He's opening doors for ministry there. Sure, those things would still be there if I decided to postpone my move for another 2 months...

But what about all those people Jesus called to follow who had other things they wanted to do first? Jesus' response to them was if they couldn't leave what they were doing and follow him, then they weren't worthy of being his followers.

Maybe I chose neither job because I'm being selfish.

Or... maybe I chose neither job because I'm being sacrificial and recklessly following my God where I know he's calling me and trusting him to provide for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment