6.3.09

the weight of sin

"Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light..." --Jesus, Matthew 11:29-30

Sin is an guly, massive weight to carry. Though we don't realize it while we're carrying it. The enemy tricks us into thinking only about ourselves, just for a moment... and when that sin goes unconfessed and unrepented of, well... it makes is easier for us to indulge in more selfish feelings and thoughts. Those thoughts turn to actions. The longer we go without dealing with it, the more it grows and the heavier it gets. We don't realize how heavy it is anymore. We don't want to let it go because the enemy has also tricked us into thinking that if we confess it, that will make things worse. So this big sin mess manifests and we're dragging around all this weight. And it's holding us back from living fully for God. From living in the freedom that comes from our faith in Jesus Christ.
I had forgotten what it was like to live and walk in that freedom. Until God worked miracles in my stubborn, selfish heart and brought me back to Him. I finally laid all the ugliness that has been in my heart the last few months out on the table. It wasn't until I did that... that I again felt that freedom that God brings through faith in His son.
So indescribably amazing.
Hallelujah.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." --Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment