28.5.09

LOVE for the Word

I know I am not in God's Word as much as I should be (or as much as I would like to be for that matter...) but every time I get in it and read, I just fall in love with it all over again. I find myself thinking, "Why on earth am I not reading this more everyday?!?"

I don't know what it is exactly... nothing stuck out to me in a "this was totally written for me, for this moment..." type of way. I still have moments like that, but tonight, it was more of just an admiration. Just a sense of awe.

Tonight it came from reading Galatians 3- justification through faith. That we share in the promise God made to Abraham and are made right with God through our faith. God said to him long ago, "All nations will be blessed through you" (Gen. 12:3) That means us- the Gentiles. We don't have to be subject to obeying all the rules that come from the Law in order to be right with God, but it is by faith.

"It is through faith that a person has life." -- Hab. 2:4
That is what has inspired my awe and shown me over again my love for the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment